|Some of the tools used when drawing up the body blueprint|
|shoulder line marked|
|Front view. Poorly sewn double ended darts but I also think too big a dart intake here.|
|Back view showing shoulder dartt. Back is high enough up so no round shoulder adjustment needed.|
|Sleeve adjustments on the sly|
|Not the correct angle but you can see my sleeve cap is too short - there is a marked gap|
|My right shoulder angle needed adjusted|
|Adjusted (it needed done and then redone hence all the pen|
|Maybe you can see the issue at the top of the sleeve seam. This is already modified from original but better now|
- I narrowed the sleeve cap slightly while maintaining the height. This marginally reduced the length of the sleeve seam
- I did lower the armscye slightly back and front. (Originally my back armscye had kicked up at the edge too much and I smoothed this out before dropping further)
- This still wasn't enough. I then scooped out the front armscye more. My cross chest width is quite narrow and while this is taken into account when drawing up, I had more available - that is I could make it narrower. I didn't need to do this at the back.
- I nearly forgot to true up again but have now done so
Judith has commented that she plans to make changes to the way she approaches asymmetrical figures such as myself, especially with large biceps. She finds large biceps are commonly associated with the need for a longer sleeve cap; the fact that I’m 5’11” with long arms just adds to that need! She also has a couple of other refinements in mind. She feels that this might have allowed more time to perfect the sleeve within the time available; she is disappointed that I/we didn’t get there. I’m reasonably happy, though. I can work on my own and contact her if needed and know she will respond in a helpful and timely manner. I enjoyed the retreat and am signing up for her pants retreat later in the year.